Tuesday, June 16, 2009

In Dedication To...


I remember as a young child, I would look out the window and daydream about what I wanted to be when I grew up. That dream was to be a fashion designer. I used to cut old clothes and make outfits for my barbies or my Lil' Miss Perfect doll and just remember how proud I used to feel when the final garment was done and ready for show. I remember my first sketch..she had a cup head and triangles for a body..lol..I laugh because I was so determined to make this drawing as high fashion as possible and I was only 7 years old. In school everyone knew this is what I wanted to be, and then there were some people who thought I was a great writer. I used to write alot of poems and people including my teachers loved when I used to get up and read what I wrote. Recently, a old elementary classmate of mines, who I used to have a huge crush on told me that til this day he remembers those poems, how brave he thought I was to get up in front of the whole class and declare my love to him through my poems, I was only 10 years old.

I always go back to fashion though. I love the way I can combine colors and create new ideas and then call them my own. I admire the presentation and effort put into some of these designs you see now a days. The work and sweat these artist put into so that their customers have the best experience when wearing their creations. Thats what I wanted, and in many ways..I think I still do. Its been a long time since my last sketch and lately I have felt like I had to say goodbye to an old friend. I used to get so lost when I got into drawing and lately I will get lost when I start writing as I am in a zone already as I type this blog. I guess it goes by
how it makes you feel...Its a part of me I know it is. I just dont know how to get it back. 

I respect those who have gone after there dreams and dedicated there life into becoming something..there is a girl who I recently discovered and has become a role model to me and she is younger than I. She has established her life in such a genuine way and makes me want to put that extra effort into myself. Its so weird how a person you have never met can affect your life in such a positive way and make you want to be a better version of yourself. I want to thank her if she is to ever read this blog Dulcecandy87. 

I want to thank you for being a inspiration to me. I went online looking for something specific and instead I found a person who is living her dream. I admire you so much and hopes to one day feel proud and confident in my everyday steps as you are. I wish the best for myself now and its because you opened my eyes to be a better version of myself for me and my daughter. Thank you for your inspiration and for opening your love of all that is you with me and  the world. I dedicate this blog to you!

Fashion and writing are one of the two loves of my life and I let it leave me. I want to regain that again, I want to regain that inspiration I had for my love of all that is me. I will continue to take those steps to find myself again. I want to be that girl that can say "This is what I love and this is what I am about, and this is WHO I AM!!! Here is to challenges and to finding my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment